Note below mentiones edition a particular feature available as (Essential+), (Professional+) and (Enterprise)
Version 5.1.9 (Jun 14 2019)
- Fix: Typo in error messages
- Fix: DML Job status not refreshing in the Grid
- Fix: Soql exeuction error message not properly shown when height of the window is small. Now all details of the error is shown in single error text instead of multiple texts with scrolling ability.
Version 5.1 (May 15 2019)
- Compare Data (Professional+)
- Source Connections in compare metadata and deployments (Professional+)
- Branch Support for Source Connection in Deployments (Enterprise)
- Metadata Deployment Freezing (Enterprise)
- Bulk Schema Changes (Professional+)
- Disable Readonly for specified time (All)
- Compare Metadata Ignore Whitespaces (Professional+)
- Clear Apex Execution Console for each Run (All)
- Show Apex execution time at the end of log in console (All)
- Filter Console Log and Debug Log (All)
- Re-open previous opened Query/Apex Editors (All)
- Fix: Issue with Soql auto selection logic #24
Version 5.0 (Apr 14 2019)
- Metadata Support in Explorer (Professional+)
- View Metadata (Professioal+)
- Compare Metadata (Professioal+)
- Metadata Deployments (Enterprise)
- Profile/Permsets Compare (Enterprise)
- Users Compare (Enterprise)
- Parent/Child Records Browser (Professional+)
- Package.xml Editor (Essential+)
- Application Toolbar (Essential+)
- View Records (Essential+)
- Search Data (Essential+)
- Record Preview (Essential+)
- Field Data Anlysis (Enterprise)
- Explorer Enhancements
- Object Details Enhancements
- Query Editor Enhancements
- Soql Data Grid Enhancements
- Debug Logs/Log Streaming Enhancements
- Other Enhancements
- Fix issue with query parsing #22
Version 4.5.7 (Mar 20 2019)
- License server compatible issue fix. Note that this is emergency patch to fix the product shutdown issue.
Version 4.5.2 (Oct 6 2018)
- Workspace migration had issue in Windows OS, which has been fixed
Version 4.5.1 (Oct 3 2018)
- User management was throwing error in a particular scenario. That issue has been fixed.
Version 4.5 (Sep 22 2018)
- Page Layouts Usage Report (Enterprise)
- List Views Management (Enterprise)
- Schema DB (Professional+)
- Debug Logs Enhancements
- Debug Logs Streaming (Professional+)
- Orgs Limits Report (Professional+)
- Objects Limits Report (Professional+)
- Fields List Report (Essential+)
- Editor Files View (Essential+)
- Extact Ids/Open Records Dialog
- Open Developer Console (Essential+)
- Tools Re-organization (all)
- Connection modules reorganization
- Show Saved Scripts in Connection Context Menu
- Updated Objects Picker Dialog
- Formula Syntax Changes
- Fix the issue with number of batches that can be fetched in Essential
- Fix extension not being ensure while picking file to save
Version 4.4.8 (Jul 31 2018)
Fixed enterprise features initiation issue after Trial registration
Version 4.4.7 (Jul 07 2018)
Fixed NPE error while executing apex script
Version 4.4.6 (Jun 29 2018)
- Bulk Schema Management (Enterprise)
- Security Module Updates (Enterprise)
- Group/Queues Assigner (Enterprise)
- CSV Editor Update (Essential+)
- Support for All Rows in Soql (all)
- Record Type Enrichment (Essential+)
Version 4.3.6 (May 16 2018)
Fix Issue (Error with SOQL query)
Version 4.3.5 (Apr 22 2018)
- Roles Viewer (Enterprise)
- User Management (Enterprise)
- View Org Reporting Hierarchy (Enterprise)
- Users Effective Permissions Visualizer (Enterprise)
- Import Users (Enterprise)
- Email Log Viewer (Enterprise)
- Login History Viewer (Enterprise)
- Setup Audit History Viewer (Enterprise)
- Purge Dataload (Enterprise)
- Purge DML Dataload (Enterprise)
- Undelete Dataload (Enterprise)
- Undelete DML Dataload (Enterprise)
- Debug Log Viewer (Essential+)
- Object Limits Tab (Essential+)
- View Child Records (Essential+)
- Parent/Child Browser (Essential+)
- Recent Objects and Favorites Views (Essential+)
- View Record History (Essential+)
- Show Api Usage for the day in connection (all)
- Consistent Timezone handling (all)
- Multiple Statements in Saved Scripts (Essential+)
- Show field Label in Show Field Info (all)
Version 4.2 (Mar 18 2018)
- Multiple search terms in Soql datagrid (Essential+)
- Special search terms (Essential+)
- View Full Record menu supports multiple records
- Clone Records menu supports multiple records
- Error while querying if soql contains negated predicates
- NPE while search for fields in Full Record view mode
Version 4.1.4 (Mar 9 2018)
- Fix a NullPointerException error that could happen intermittently depending on cache expiry
Version 4.1 (Mar 3 2018)
- Field Analysis (Enterprise)
- Object Security Management (Enterprise)
- Field Security Management (Enterprise)
- Permission Set Assigner (Enterprise)
- Permission Set License Assigner (Enterprise)
- Easy and fast notes/attachments management (Essential+)
- Support for Tooling Objects (Essential+)
- Filter Records and Fields in Soql Results Grid (Essential+)
- Search Object Globally (Essential+)
- Objects/Fields Metadata Enrichment (Essential+)
- Show Apex/Query Editor (Essential+)
- Field Info Dialog with Values Previw(Essential+)
- Soql Builder Enhancements
- Object Filters
- Support for Time and Encrypted Fields
- Rest Explorer Enhancements
- Cleanup Editor Files
- Editors Connection Auto Selection
- OAuth Connection Duration
- Add Valid For and Order fields to Picklist Values grid
- Add Missing Object/Field Properties
- Insert Script dedupring
- Execution History Deduping
Version 4.0 (Jan 3 2017)
- Product name is changed from
- Sql Update (Essential+)
- Sql Delete (Enterprise)
- DML Executions (Enterprise)
- Dataload Notifications (Professional+)
- Formula Playground
- View Record Hierarchy (Essential+)
- Realfire Salesforce API Usage
- Realfire Issue #18 has been fixed
Version 3.4.8 (Dec 11 2017)
- Support for Win 32 bit OS
Per customer’s request, adding support for 32 bit Windows OS
Version 3.4.7 (Nov 30 2017)
- Dataloader: Writing Id/Status back into input file (Professional+)
- Dataloader: Ignore records with Id during Insert (Professional+)
- Dataloader: Id Lookup and Resolution (Enterprise)
- Backup and Restore (Professional+)
- Associated connections in Saved Scripts (Essential+)
- Saved Scripts in Object Details (Essential+)
- Formula Report Generator (Essential+)
- Documentation for Standard Objects and Fields (All)
- New Realfire Updater
- Show recent files in Path Picker
- “Favorites” node menu items
- Open favorite objects only
- Added “Order” column to Picklist Report
- Objects List multi-select actions
- Field Group fields order is preserved
- Moved menu options “Generate Picklist Report” to connection node
- Dataloader: New variables
- Recent Files: Confirmation before deleteing single entries
- Csv editor allows you to delete multiple columns
- Fixed the issue where Objects in Favorte Groups are not sorted according to label style
- Fixed the issue of not being able to query
Groupobject due to keyword clash
Version 3.3 (Nov 7 2017)
Fixed Exporting Aggregate Alised soql issue
Version 3.2 (Nov 5 2017)
- Added configured color to Connections in Explorer
- Basic stats are added to various entities in “Connections” view
Version 3.1.4 (Oct 26 2017)
Space in path resulting in application launch issue
The issue associated with application launch if it was installed to a location which has space in it. This was resulting a fatal issue and application was not launching. This version fixes that issue.
Dialogs focus issue
In some cases, the Modal Dialogs were losing focus resulting confusing experience. This version puts a fix to make sure modal dialog is always opened with immediate dialog as parent.
Version 3.1 (Oct 19 2017)
- Sortable Fields in Soql Builder
- Fields Sort can be reverted to original order
- Favorite Objects Icon Color Change
- Background color when filtered
Version 3.0 (Oct 13 2017)
- Refreshed Realfire Logo
- Mac builds in Dmg and being able to run from Launchpad
- Redesigned Dataloader
- Added Scripts
- File Upload Manifest Generator
- Rest Explorer
- Added preference to Show/Hide Soql Datagrid Field Info by default
- Message display standardization
- Double click add new connection in explorer and new connection popup
- Object Details Summary
- List Org Limits
- Versioning scheme change
- Updated Product About Dialog
- Linux Build
- Connections View Background Color during Filtering
- View List view Soql
- View List view Soql
- Query Builder Fields Order
Version 2.0.30 (Oct 3 2017)
- Updated soql parsing engine to parse soqls with aggregate functions appropriately. This allows to display meaningful names in the grid. If user has specified an alias, that will be used. Or else, instead of showing expr0, it will show the actual aggregate call.
Version 2.0.28 (Sep 25 2017)
- Added a message to inform about mimium java version as this software doens’t work with Java 1.8 update 100 or older
- Fixed an issue with proxy detection, which was causing application startup issue
Version 2.0.27 (Sep 21 2017)
- This version primarily enhanced the Proxy capability of Realfire. We were relaying of manual configuration, which can be confusing for many users. This version auto detects the proxy info but still allows to override manually if need be. If you want to manually set proxy info, goto Menu -> Window -> Preferences -> Realfire -> Network and update there.
Version 2.0.26 (Sep 16 2017)
- In last feature we introduced wildcard based fieds selection in soql. There were couple of edge cases where it was not behaving as it should. This release has fixed those issues.
Version 2.0.25 (Sep 14 2017)
Version 2.0.24 (Sep 05 2017)
- Fixed caching related issue which was resulting in old sobject details being shown even after refreshing. Now “Refresh Sobjects List” as well as “Refresh” on sobject, or “Refresh All Sobjects”, will handle cache properly.
Version 2.0.23 (Sep 04 2017)
- Fixed issue with child relationship queries in query editor
Version 2.0.22 (Aug 31 2017)
- Fix performance issue in SeachFields dialog of QueryBuilder
Version 2.0.21 (Aug 29 2017)
- Fix the issue where trying to filter in tree when connection would have been session timedout, caused multiple login windows popup. This was especially bad if connection is oauth and user didn’t want to login at that time. It is fixed by not trying to retrieve details of objects during tree filter.
Version 2.0.20 (Aug 27 2017)
- Fixed issue with view record count which was introduced in relese 2.0.14.
Version 2.0.19 (Aug 25 2017)
- Update font default size so it will look good in windows and mac.
- Add new file names after user does save as into the recent files list
- Add “Refresh Fields” to Object Editor fields tab so user can easily refresh latest fields from salesforce
- Fix issue with version check per new product name
- (Potential) fix for relogin going into loop if login attempt is not successful
- Fix the issue of Connection color change is not automatically reflecting in all open places
Version 2.0.18 (Aug 24 2017)
- Added Refer Friends/Colleagues dialog, which allows to submit bunch of emails.
Version 2.0.17 (Aug 16 2017)
Rename Preference node from “Datasert” to “Realfire”.
Apply the limit to list of records shown in the “Data” tab of Object Viewer. This helps to quickly glance at the data. Preference “Realfire -> Object Viewer -> Browse Data Limit”
Automatically populate the Name and Username fields in Connection Editor after testing with actual username, if they are not already specified.
- Fix issue with querying Aggregate fields in Query Editor
Version 2.0.16 (Aug 15 2017)
- Try to execute the query even if is doens’t sound like a valid soql so that user can get some feedback.
- Fix the issue with Execution history reflecting latest items without closing and opening.
Version 2.0.15 (Aug 14 2017)
- Auto map in Dataload mapping ignores __c, _ and space gradually to find a mapping
- Respect Cancel request while building the Fields list in Fields Picker dialog
- Disable the Parent Levels combo if Parent Fields are not shown
- Show clear warning before starting any Dataloads which mutates Salesforce data
Version 2.0.14 (Aug 11 2017)
- Add Bulk Api support for reading and writing data
- Add “Export Bulk Results” dataload type which allows to export already created bulk job’s results into csv file
- Add “Sql Delete” which takes a sql delete statement, issues soql to read records and deletes them.
- Add “Refresh Fields” button to mapping editor to refresh the list of fields
- List of fields in Mapping editor are sorted by api name
- Improve the performance of Fields Picker by indexing only the fields needed and limiting the parent fields to User specified levels
Version 2.0.13 (Jul 16 2017)
- Basic syntax highlighting support for soql and anonymous apex execution
- Add mapping support for export dataloads. With this, output fields can be formatted, one imput field can be used to output two fields, transform the values using trasnform formulas.
- Update sobject picker to make it more usable
- Fix the export issue related to parent reference fields in Soql grid
- Check for connection readonly flag before starting any dataload which modifies data
Version 2.0.12 (Jul 12 2017)
- Add support for Insert, Update, Upsert and Delete dataloads using sfdc batch api
Version 2.0.11 (Jun 20 2017)
- Add easy to use mass dataload feature. Export/Export All in this release but others in next.
- Add highlight duplicate rows to Csv datagrid
- Add highlight cells to Csv datagrid
- Export issue of soql datagrid with child records fixed
Version 2.0.10 (Jun 24 2017)
- Fix issue with timestamp conversion issue when User has default timezone
- Fix issue with column reordering and enabling dirty flag
- Fix the memory leak issue after CsvEditor, SoqlResult or SoslResult views are closed
Version 2.0.9 (Jun 20 2017)
- Soql Results View form view shows all records instead of just one
- Add Reset Massword command and button while entering master password
- Ability to execute query being constructed without leaving the query builder
- View a Soql results datagrid value in a Window so that long text can be viewed easily
- Refine Soql datagrid menu actions to simplify the wordings
Version 2.0.8 (Jun 17 2017)
- Add pretty powerful CSV Editor and Viewer. It is implemented using virtual rendering and hence can easily view/edit csv files containing upto million rows.
- Fix the issue with predicate clause when operator is starts with, ends with, contains
- Customize the field picker for predicate and sorts to allow single selection
Version 2.0.7 (Jun 10 2017)
- Export the soql data grid into csv/tsv format files as well as quick copy in those formats
- Add Data history view which keeps track of all exports and corresponding file paths
- Contact Support option to accept quick input from customer and create ticket through api
- During the oauth testing, perform the operation in cancellable dialog.
- FieldPicker in query builder support continuous picking of fields
- Reworked About product dialog to easily display licensing, version and give various options for user
- Fix issue with starts with, ends with and contains operators in query builder
Version 2.0.6 (Jun 8 2017)
- New powerful query builder which easily helps build queries, especially searching for parent fields.
- Added Reset Perspective command so that user can get to default view if they mess up
- Connection color has been added to object, objects and connection editors
- NPE during View Record Count
- NPE during object search
- Unnecessary red overlay in the explorer tree has been removed
Version 2.0.5 (Jun 5 2017)
- OAuth based authentication in addition to password based auth
- Make execution history truely a history with connection and exact time when it was executed
- Read and Connection timeouts are added to preference
Version 2.0.4 (Jun 3 2017)
- Add Color to connection edit dialog. Selected connection color is shown in the Query Editor, Apex Editor and Query Results view,
- Open Single Record using ‘Open Record’ which open in the form view
- Highlight null value in the datagrid with configured color
- Make the Monospace font refer to configured default text font
Version 2.0.3 (Jun 1 2017)
- Add single record display mode to Soql Results view.
- Add status bar to query editor toolbar for easy update of the status
- Fix the NPE when first click on the execute in query editor
- Rename the Open Soql Editor to Open Query Editor
Version 2.0.0 - 2.0.2 (May 2017)
Refactor the code, adopt new framework and rebrand as Datasert Realfire
Version 1.0.12 (Jul 18 2013)
- New Feature: Sosl editor and search
- New Feature: Record Lookup based on Id. Select or enter an Id and view the record with all attributes with search capability.
- Enhancement: Streamlined Keyboard shortcuts
- Enhancement: Org type selection in Connection dialog
- Enhancement: Tag and Metadata object type in Explorer view filtering
- Enhancement: selections of various kind are persisted across application launches
- Enhancement: Single Record Viewer has been updated to use new grid based control insetad of Fields.
- Fixed: Tool wasn’t working if org had my domain enabled. This issue has been fixed.
- Fixed: If tool hasn’t bee used for a while, and user tries to do something (like retrieving object details, or soql query), it used to fail. It has been modified to reconnect automatically before performing the operation. So once you open the tool, you can perform operation without any issues anytime.
See this for New and Noteworthy details.
Version 1.0.11 (Jun 19 2013)
- New Feature: In the apex executor, Debug log is being redirected to Console with highlighting capability.
- New Feature: Log also redirected to additional console with just user debug entries for easy view.
- New Feature: Message high lighting like User Debug messages or Salesforce Ids.
See this note worthy feature description.
Version 1.0.10 (Jun 11 2013)
- Fixed #9: Can’t expand any of the Object after 1.0.9 Install
- Fixed #10: Exception reading metadat for Account
- Fixed #7: Salesforce API version change
- Fixed #13: Connection though proxy is not possible
- Fixed #14: Execute anonymouse does not work after Summer release 2013
Version 1.0.9 (Jul 5 2012)
New Feature: In the Window=>Preferences=>Soql you can specify a color for background cells which contains nulls. It is defaulted to light yellow color.
Fix: API Version has been updated from 21 to 25 (Summar 2012).
Version 1.0.8 (May 6 2012)
New Feature: QueryAll can be used while querying in the Soql editor. There is a new icon, and if enabled, uses the QueryAll api instead of Query api.
New Feature: Show Api and/or Label in the Explorer Tree. To change the style, choose one from the view menu.
New Feature: Drag and Drop. Now explorer allows to drag set of fields and drop into the Soql editor.
Version 1.0.7 (Oct 13 2011)
New Feature: View Notes. This shows all the notes associated with the selected record. In the dialog, you can save all the notes into a single file for easy viewing.
In the Soql Results Grid, right click and select ‘View Notes’
New Feature: View Attachments. This shows all the attachments associated with the selected record. You can view the attachment by double clicking the attachment or save all attachments.
New Feature: View History. This feature shows all the history associated with selected record. History is also transposed and shown in Flat structure with value change highlighing while showing raw history records in “Raw” tab.
New Feature: Dialog Settings Remembrance. All the dialogs in the application remembers the dialog size and location. So that if you resize the dialog (per your resolution), next time you open the same dialog, it is automatically resized to that size and shown at same location.
New Feature: Application has introduced the preferences and can be accessed from Window => Preferences. There are few preferences right now and more will be added later.
New Feature: Wherever Monospace font is used in the application is defaulted to Text Font which can be changed at (Window => Preferences => General => Appearence => Colors and Fonts).
New Feature: Report Bug and Enhancement. If you would like to report a bug or an idea, just goto (Help => Report Bug or Enhancement) and you can report the details right there in the app.
So post something!
Version 1.0.6 (Sep 30 2011)
New Feature: Supports the Caching of Objects and Server Debug logs. It can be enabled or disabled in the Manage Connections dialog.
New Feature: Added Data tab to the object details. Often one just want to preview the data to get a feel of the field values. To do that one has to execute the query and view the results and discard the SOQL editor. This process has been simplified with “Data” tab which shows random 500 records of that object.
New Feature: Scroll to Row or Column navigation has been added to Grid Actions. With this feature, one can select the column and that grid would scroll to that column to bring that into the view. this is very helpful in SOQL results where there can be many columns.
New Feature: View Records Count In previous versions, one could execute the select count() from object but that value was not shown. This has been fixed to show the value and also there is a easy menu item at object level to view its records count.
New Feature: Added exit confirmation to application. As more connections are added, much of session would have been built up like query details etc and it would be really inconvenient to lose all that by mistake clicking on close icon.
New Feature: Added “Check for Updates” We are planning to go for smaller and frequent releases. So it is really nice if user could start using the new features. However, they will not be able to remember to check for updates. This feature checks for new version on daily basis (by default but could change to other interval) and shows the recent changes.
Enhancement: Single Row dialog has been enhanced with blending icons and text where user can enter the row number to goto.
Enhancement: Showing the “Save Password” and “Caching Enabled” status of each connection in the Manage Connections dialog table.
Enhancement: Available popup options for object has been simplified with pushing the “Query” related into its own Submenu.
Enhancement: Search Fields has been enhanced with more options to search (like API, Label, Picklist etc) and matched areas are shown in the results.
Enhancement: Debug Logs has been split into Server and Local to be clear.
Enhancement: When selecting the “Open Salesforce Homepage” native browser is launched instead of internal browser
Bug Fix: Viewing the child records of a query was broken in previous release and that has been fixed.
Version 1.0.5 (Sep 13 2011)
New Feature: Master Password has been revamped. The old style master password was core Eclipse based where I didn’t have lots of control. This would have led to issues in control in resetting the master password or removing it. New implementation is more reliable and allows exporting the connections with passwords.
Password is encrypted using 128 bit AES encryption with master password and random salt. So saved passwords are secure and without master password one cannot use the encrypted password.
New Feature: Export and Import of connections. You can export the connections with or without password and send the file to somebody and they will be able to import the connections. If passwords are exported, they would be exported with encrypted format and so one would need the master password to import it.
New Feature: Debug Logs feature has been added which lets user view all Server debug logs, and its contents. It also allows to save some of those logs locally for long time viewing.
New Feature: Execute Anonymous feature lets you execute anonymous apex, view the resulting debug log details.
New Feature: Apex History saves all executed anonymous apex scripts for later recall and reuse.
Enhancement: Objects Editor has been enhanced to include additional object details like activatable, queryable etc. It also displays the object summary like total fields, parent/child relationships and record types.
Enhancement: Object Details editor has been enhanced to display additional object level and field level details.
Enhancement: Export dialog has been enhanced to support exporting in different line encoding (native, Unix and Windows) and allows to select the fields to be included in the export (this could be used to exclude the ‘Row No’ while exporting soql results)
Enhancement: Export Formats. Google code data=exporter library (http://code.google.com/p/data=exporter/) is used to export the data which supports exporting in Json, Html, Xml, Csv, TextTable etc. This also support exporting the multi=line values in csv format.
Fixed: Bug 1 = “Less than” causes parse errors
Fixed: Bug 2 = Using date literals
Fixed: Object editor shows the object summary in the status message. This message wasn’t updated when different object is activated but was pinned to last opened object. Issue has been fixed that now selected object summary is reflected.